Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
The Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration is designed to provide the knowledge and skills necessary for a successful career in business administration.
The program includes general education courses, technology-related courses, and courses in the business major. Major courses include (but are not limited to) studies in accounting, business ethics, business and corporate finance, business law, economics, entrepreneurship, human resource management, international management, marketing, operations management, organizational leadership, organizational behavior, organizational theory, quantitative analysis, statistical analysis, and strategic management, among others.
As with our other programs, there is a strong emphasis on Biblical values and Theological education, as well as General Education. Courses in the Business major will be taught through the lenses of Christian principles.
Program Learning Objectives
Upon the completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (BABA) degree program at Oikos University, the student will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Apply ethical and legal principles to a business environment
2. Conduct independent research relevant to business-related issues
3. Demonstrate written and oral presentation skills expected of a business-school graduate
4. Develop a global business perspective based on the knowledge of foreign business environments and cultures
5. Integrate the knowledge acquired in the program within a life of Christian service to the local and global community
1) High school diploma or GED
2) A completed application form
3) Application fee
4) Letter of Recommendation
Students receive the Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration degree upon a successful fulfillment of the following program requirements:
1) Completion of 120 units including 45 units in General Education, 15 units in Bible and Theology, and 60 units in Business Administration requirement
2) Completion of course work with a GPA of 2.0 or above
3) Completion of the capstone course, MGMT 250: Business Plan 353: Field Education III with a grade “B” or better
4) Residence Requirement: 60 units to be taken at Oikos University