Master of Fine Arts
The MFA in Visual Art program at Oikos University is designed as a graduate level program
providing students with advanced training in various artistic disciplines. The program takes at
least two years to complete and is designed to educate students to refine their artistic skills and
develop a strong artistic work and communicate its underlying ideas.
The MFA in Visual Arts program is an intensive graduate program that has rigor and level and
provides students with opportunity to expand their ability to think critically and to work closely
with experienced and renowned faculty members who will provide advance training in various
artistic discipline and guidance, support, and feedback as they develop their artistic skills and
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the MFA in Visual Arts, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a critical knowledge of art, theory, artist, and history in various disciplines
2. Demonstrate an advanced level of independent research skill and method
3. Demonstrate an ability to produce creative art and articulate its underlying idea, concept, and philosophy
4. Integrate a Christian faith and contribute to the field of visual arts and sever the
community through artistic activities and/or professional works.
All applicants for the MFA degree must meet the following minimum requirements to be
considered for admission to the MFA in Visual Arts degree program:
1. Completion of Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) or its equivalent degree.
2. Vision and Goal Statement describing its purpose to pursue MFA degree
3. Portfolio discussing personal artwork and its discussion
4. Letter of Recommendation in accordance with admission guideline
MFA in Visual Arts Graduation Requirements
1. Student must complete 60 units of MFA program requirement
2. Student must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above.
3. Student must complete and pass capstone course (ART 680: Graduation Project) with a grade B or better.
4. Student must pass Bible and Theology requirement
5. Student must settle all financial obligations to the University and submit graduation forms